Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cool Hand Luke - RIP




My first crush, Paul Newman has passed away. Thank you for a lifetime of philanthropy! May he rest in eternal peace.

“We are such spendthrifts with our lives,” Mr. Newman once told a reporter. “The trick of living is to slip on and off the planet with the least fuss you can muster. I’m not running for sainthood. I just happen to think that in life we need to be a little like the farmer, who puts back into the soil what he takes out.”
Paul Leonard Newman/January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cat on Hot Tin Roof was his best. And Liz Taylor back then - oh my God! My mother, who loved him, thought his best role was in Hud but she hated the character, as in she thought he played an a#$h!@# really well. Cool Hand Luke was great, so was Slapshot, and, of course, Nobody's Fool in which he was so believable as a small town semi-loser. May he RIP.