Sunday, April 19, 2009

George Jones - Choices



I've seen George Jones three times. He is Country Music! If you don't like George Jones, you really don't like real country music! They wouldn't let him sing the song in it's entirety on the CMA Awards and Alan Jackson didn't sing what he was suppose to, he stopped his band and sang Choices. He was interviewed later and explained if George had been killed in the car crash they would be honoring him. By denying him to sing the song in it's entirety they showed no respect! Rock on George!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...and we all make our choices
like a blind man feels his way/
and the choice I've made is a simple one/passion over pain."

I'll see this vid when I get home, VN8 .... work sux! hehe

VoteNovember2008 said...

OM1, so glad you have work and I know you are too! I got ya! Hope you and Jinxie had a spectacular weekend! VN8

Anonymous said...

I got to see george in person in S.Carolina. I really like George.

VoteNovember2008 said...

FD, I love George! He's overcome a lot of demons, he and Johnny Cash! They are both true story tellers! VN8

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got the chance to see George once. I thought it was horrible that they wouldn't let him sing his song the way he wanted. NOT RIGHT at all! I am so glad Alan Jackson did what he did.

We had a pretty good weekend, Solie was able to take the motorcycle out for a ride so that's always a good thing.

VoteNovember2008 said...

Yeah, I was watching that night because I had heard about the controversy. I've always loved Alan Jackson, but when he and his band started his own song and stopped and turned around and looked at his band, I can't remember what he said to them, but they broke into "Choices", I thought, way to go Alan! I totally fell in love with him then! The lyrics are great, we certainly do live with our choices.

Oh my, riding on a motorcycle, feeling the wind in his hair! Well, if it didn't have a helmet on that would be true! LOL VN8