Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast



Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was "saddened" by Prejean's statement.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman," said Lewis in a statement. "I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family."

Read more here:



This is the judge Perez Hilton on his own website. How vulgar could he have been? You have to see this. He doesn't have any more respect for her opinion than he is accusing her of! Perez Hilton gets my "Imbecile" award.

Check out the video from his website:
http://perezhilton.com/t

(I have never really understood the fascination with beauty pageants. Differences make the world go around and if we all liked the same things, it would be a dull world, but what confuses me even more and maybe someone can fill me in, what is the fascination with gay men and beauty pageants? I have gay friends that I dearly love, I'm no different than Meghan McCain with her "open mind" and remember I'm one of those right wing, bible clinging, gun toting extremists. I'm actually a member of the Log Cabin Republicans, I believe the Republican party is big enough for everybody! If anyone believes in less government and more freedom, sign them up, but I'm digressing! The issue for me is why would they ask what they knew would be a very divisive question? Did they know well in advance that she was a Christian and knew what her answer would be? I personally think he's a media whore, yeah, I said it, you are entitled to my opinion!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss California has my vote! Good for her - no politically correct answer.

VoteNovember2008 said...

Ditto,from a ditto head! LOL VN8

Anonymous said...

He stated he gave her a zero for her answer. He wanted her opinion but only if it agreed with his.

Amen for sticking to her faith!

VoteNovember2008 said...

I'm curious why Perez Hilton thinks it's his right to go on-line, on his website and castigate Miss California! Well I suppose it is his right, but where are the women's groups that should be stepping up to protest his character assassination of Miss California. He should stick to outing homosexual men, that's something he should know a little more about. When I heard him call her a "bitch", I thought yeah, it takes a bitch to know one! Miss California had an opinion, just because her opinion didn't align with his, she's a bitch? VN8

Unknown said...

You would think that after this incident Miss USA may have a problem attracting contestants. Dennis Miller nailed by saying Miss California lost by agreeing with President Obama's position on marriage.

Anonymous said...

This is pur political correctness BS. I rather give it to somebody that disagreed with my stance,but is not willing to sell out to win.

To me that shows principles and integrity.