Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day and Semper Fi!




Dedicated to a wonderful columnist Laura B. Armstrong.

The history of the Marine Corps is unique and glorious, predating even the birth of our nation. The first official Marines were commissioned by the Continental Congress on November 10, 1775.

The oath of a Marine:

I (state your name) do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

2 comments:

Jim said...

VN8 are you still on the river? Lee's gone to the beach. I may have to argue with myself until you two return. LOL

VoteNovember2008 said...

Jim, got home today! Hot air is on it's way! As a matter of fact, my air conditioner had gone out at home and discovered it when I opened my back door! Wish me luck! VN8